Tuesday 27 August 2024

2024 Professional Growth Cycle Goal

By the end of the year, I have effectively provided coaching and mentoring to team leaders in Year 5 and 6 and Years 7 and 8 so that team leaders feel confident:

  • in their role
  • to facilitate team meetings focussed on strategic goals
  • to create long term integrated plans 
  • in analysis of student achievement data
  • to know if teachers are making a difference to student progress and achievement 
  • to support teachers to reflect on their practice and improve practice 

My Leadership Capability Focus is: 
Building and sustaining collective leadership and professional community. 

My first steps to focus on are:
  • ensuring that knowledge to improve learning is built and shared
  • ensuring that problems impeding learning and wellbeing in the area are identified and resolved
As I reflect on the goals set for the remainder of the year, my focus remains on driving collective leadership and improving teacher practice across teams. My primary aim is to ensure that team leaders in Years 5-8 are confident in their roles, facilitating meetings centred on strategic goals, developing long-term integrated plans, and analysing student achievement data effectively. By the end of the year, I envision team leaders taking ownership of their teams, fostering a culture where teachers actively reflect on their practices and contribute to improving student outcomes.

An essential part of my leadership this year is fostering collaboration, encouraging collective responsibility for achieving our shared goals. Additionally, focusing on mental health/wellbeing and improving attendance will be key to addressing barriers to student learning.

As I continue to mentor and coach team leaders, I aim to develop their capacity to interpret data, lead discussions on student progress, and support their teams in making a tangible difference in student achievement. Moving forward, I will reflect on my own leadership practices to ensure that I provide the support needed for team leaders to accelerate student progress and maintain healthy, productive relationships within their teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment