The Phantom 3 has an amazing full-HD camera with a fully integrated gimbal that creates the most incredibly smooth professional shots. It has excellent safety features, perfect for new pilots, which include: sensors, satellite navigation and a return to home button (RTH) for when you have to do an emergency landing. it is very easy to fly, especially if you have lots of experience playing Playstation, or the like! My only advice when flying however, is to make sure you have a spotter who is watching the drone from the ground. This allows you to fly using the camera view on your controller.The app is also the best drone flight app tat I have ever used. It's well worth searching for Youtube clips showing the app in action.
A couple of things that aren't as good as they can be are firstly, the battery life. The 20 minutes goes really quickly, especially when you should be heading for home once the battery reaches 10%. If you want to buy more batteries, they aren't cheap! At a minimum of $350 extra battery life isn't coming cheap! Secondly, if you are an android user (if not, you should! It is the superior phone after all!) there isn't much in the way of Android support.
So, it is easy to say...it is well worth spending your money on this Drone!
DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Features
(Source: First Quadcopter)
- Vision positioning system (visual and ultrasonic sensors);
- GPS+GLONASS dual positioning system;
- 2.7K video recording;
- 12MP photo resolution;
- 3-axis stabilization gimbal with remote control of the tilt angle (90° to +30°);
- 720p HD downlink (with up to 5KM range);
- Auto-takeoff through DJI Pilot App;
- One key return to home (RTH);
- Failsafe auto return to home;
- Auto flight logs;
- Versatile mobile APP;
- Intelligent flight modes (Follow Me, Point of Interest, Waypoints, Course Lock and Home Lock)
- Smart flight battery with charging level indicator;
- About 23 minutes flight autonomy.
Some example footage from our DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone: