Kerry is doing an awesome job leading this DFI course and is very blessed to have Vanessa working with her to deliver content. I thought that they worked well as a team.
I had the pleasure of not only delivering the deep dive into How To: Live Stream but also to present the Manaiakalani connect portion of the day - Create: Manaiakalani Pedagogy for DFI 2019. A couple of key points and ideas that struck a cord with the teachers in Taipa were:
- It's all about the hook - a significant driver for engagement has been the intentional use of modern technologies to enable creativity.
- We want out children to be creators of content - not just stealing/borrowing work that has been made from the internet.
- This quote was hugely impactful and was a perfect conversation starter: “Give the pupils something to do, not something to learn; and the doing is of such a nature as to demand thinking; learning naturally results.” John Dewey
- Site, Sound & Motion: how can we better use this as a teacher tool to help our children engage with learning?
- If our children create they can then share...and by sharing they are now connecting with a real audience who can learn from the post, comment and help develop the thinking of our children.
|Click photo to see entire Create Presentation. |
Attribution: Dorothy Burt & Manaiakalani Team